Turin Caselle Airport installed (29-Jul-2021) four 'Pila Bike' electronic device charging stations in the boarding area. The eco bikes allow passengers to recharge their devices by pedalling the bikes. The initiative is part of the airport's 'Torino Green Airport' sustainability project. [more - original PR - Italian]
Air Greenland is the national carrier of Greenland. Air Greenland operates a network of services to domestic destinations throughout Greenland in addition to providing international services to Denmark and Iceland.
Air Greenland reported a profit of EUR4.1million for 2020 - a 65.5% loss on the previous year. We ask CEO, Jacob Nitter Sørensen how he plans to pull the airline through 2021 and beyond.
- ASM Global Route Development, SVP Aviation Strategy, Lee Lipton
- Air Greenland, CEO, Jacob Nitter Sørensen
CAPA Live is the most sought-after monthly global aviation event. Taking place on the second Wednesday of each month, thousands of industry colleagues from across the globe tune in for their monthly dose of aviation and travel news, analysis, and in-depth interviews with industry leaders. Register here to be part of our growing community.
Airports of Thailand reported (29-Jul-2021) the following traffic highlights for Jun-2021:
- Passengers: 688,211, -93.5% compared to Jun-2019;
- Domestic: 607,844, -85.9%;
- International: 80,367, -98.7%;
- Cargo: 93,550 tonnes, -21.0%;
- Domestic: 1380 tonnes, -77.7%;
- International: 92,170 tonnes, -17.9%;
- Aircraft movements: 11,593, -83.5%;
- Domestic: 5865, -81.2%;
- International: 5728, -85.3%. [more - original PR]
- American Airlines will acquire a minority ownership stake in JetSMART;
- AA and Indigo Partners will commit to provide additional capital to fund future opportunities in the Latin American region;
- Customers will be able to earn and redeem AAdvantage miles on JetSMART services.
JetSMART CEO Estuardo Ortiz described the value proposition as "compelling". All intended investments and agreements are subject to definitive documentation and governmental regulatory approvals. [more - original PR]
Want More News Like This?
- If the first two decades of the century were transformational for the aviation industry, the 2020s will be revolutionary.