Our TV channel features the world’s largest collection of unique videos on the aviation and travel industry. We share the stories that matter to your business, with detailed analysis and commentary from key industry leaders. Watch interviews with senior executives, insights from CAPA's Executive Chairman Peter Harbison, and highlights from CAPA Events, all from the comfort of your home or office.
IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) Programme continues to be a sort after topic at CAPA’s event. At the CAPA-ACTE Global Summit & Corporate Lodging Forum 2018 in Sydney, we were delighted to host IATA’s Director NDC Program Yanik Hoyles, who provided an update on the status of NDC implementation and the impact this is having on the entire value chain.
With a vision to inspire and encourage Indigenous Australians in to the travel industry, by providing career pathways and training, Inspire Travel Management proves there is more than just dollars on the minds of some organisations. Hear from Inspire Travel Management Managing Director Dwayne Good who discusses the origins of this impressive organisation and its aspirations for the future.
Serko has always been a forward thinking, innovative company with its finger on the pulse. It is for this reason we caught up with Chief Executive Officer, Darrin Grafton to talk technology trends for 2019. From personalisation, to NDC and artificial intelligence, hear from this industry heavyweight about what lies ahead for travel in the year to come.
- Is outside competition required to fire up internal creativity?
- Are big organisations simply unable to cope with the speed of change in technology and customer behaviour?
- Separating the wheat from the chaff, how to identify the winning ideas
- Putting the framework in place first – deciding on an airline’s digital strategy
- How are the global alliances utilising technology to facilitate multilateral connectivity and deliver benefits to customers of member airlines?
Moderator: Made by Many, Founder, William Owen
- Bluebox Aviation Systems, CEO, Kevin Clark
- CellPoint Mobile, CEO, Kristian Gjerding
- Miles & More, Director Strategy & Innovation, Benjamin Pfeifer
- Skyscanner, Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships, Hugh Aitken
- Are there too many airlines in Europe for the size of the market?
- Is consolidation the key to greater profitability?
- What are the cultural, political and regulatory barriers that that inhibit more consolidation in Europe?
- Will airline failures or M & A activity drive greater market consolidation?
- Can Europe’s largest airline groups ever match the market concentration levels of their North American peers?
- How have JVs and alliances overcome ownership and control inhibitions?
- What is the outlook for consolidation in the LCC sector?
Moderator: CAPA – Centre for Aviation, Executive Chairman, Peter Harbison
- Alitalia, VP Alliances & International Affairs, Jiri Marek
- easyJet, Regional Director, Javier Gandara
- Eurowings, Chief Commercial Officer, Oliver Wagner
- LOT Polish Airlines, CEO, Rafał Milczarski
- Does the aviation industry have enough human resources to service the growth ambitions of the world’s carriers? At what cost?
- Do unions have the interest of the industry at heart?
- What constitutes a level aviation labour playing field?
- Are airlines too focused on a wage race to the bottom for the sake of profit?
- As essentially inertia-seeking, can unions adapt to the rapid process of change that challenges their managements?
Moderator: Aviation Strategy & Concepts, Managing Director, Ulrich Schulte-Strathaus
- ALPA, Regulatory Counsel & Senior Attorney, David Semanchik
- Vereinigung Cockpit e.V., Board Director International Affairs, Robert Spuerk
- Austrian Aviation Association, Chairman, Peter Malanik
- CityJet, CEO, Pat Byrne