David Siegel, via his personal LinkedIn account, reported (Apr-2018) his appointment as executive chairman with Sun Country Airlines, effective Apr-2018.
Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) CEO Joe Leader talks about how LCCs in the US are at the forefront of passenger experience innovation. APEX sees opportunities for similar innovation at LCCs in Southeast Asia, which are generally behind in areas such as providing Internet connectivity. Mr Leader also talks about the fast expanding long haul low cost sector, where passenger experience is particularly important.
CAAC confirmed (19-Apr-2018) the following traffic highlights for Chinese airlines for Mar-2018:
- Passengers: 51.4 million, +15.9% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 461 million, +15.4%;
- International: 5.3 million, +20.3%;
- Cargo: 615,000 tonnes, +4.0%;
- On time performance: 81.2%, +5.9ppts;
- Fleet: 3339 aircraft. [more - original PR - Chinese]
BlueSwanDaily.com published (20-Apr-2018) the following exclusive analysis pieces:
- China eclipses New Zealand as largest tourism source market for Australia
- Trade tiffs are not dimming Delta's positive outlook for a recovery in corporate pricing
- Australian domestic aviation activity for Feb-2018: 4% traffic growth overall, fuelled by strong performance by major trunk routes
- The rise and rise of LCCs and ULCCs, that big long haul question, new technology and how taxes are a barrier to LCC growth in Honduras – further insights from the CAPA Americas Aviation Summit
- Trapped in the geriatric framework – clear cracks emerge for Europe and the North Atlantic as Brexit looms
- Your weekly travel and aviation Quote-a
- Airline Insight: Japan Transocean Air
- Airport Insight: Izmir Adnan Menderes International Airport
- Bitcoin Watch – Sweden could launch the world's first central bank operated crytocurrency
Aerolineas Argentinas announced (19-Apr-2018) the average price of its cheapest fare declined by 20% in the last two years. The carrier reported that 21% of its sales are for the cheapest fare. Aerolineas Argentinas CEO Mario Dell'Acqua stated: "The drop in prices is part of an exhaustive work from our commercial teams to offer more competitive fares in an increasingly more demanding market". The carrier's overall average fare reduced by 8%. [more - original PR - Spanish]
Want More News Like This?
This report examines the credentials of a number of airlines and airports that are actively involved in the promotion of musical events, including performances on their own property (e.g. on board or in-terminal).