European Commission stated (17-Apr-2018) Montenegro Airlines is facing major sustainability issues, having accumulated significant financial debts. The EC report added the 2012 restructuring plan for the carrier was only partially implemented but further state support was granted to keep the airline operational. [more - original PR]
Embraer VP Asia Pacific Cesar Pereira discusses the outlook and market opportunities in Asia for smaller jets of up to 150 seats. The new E2-190 was in Asia for the first time in Feb-2018 for the Singapore Airshow, where feedback from potential customers was positive. Embraer recently secured certification from the FAA, EASA and Brazil’s ANAC for the E2-190, paving the way for delivery of the first aircraft to Norway’s Wideroe in Apr-2018.
Highlands and Islands Airports Ltd (HIAL) said (20-Apr-2018) "robust growth" was observed at nine of the organisation's 11 airports across Scotland in the company's FY2017/18, which runs from from Apr-2017 to Mar-2018. HIAL MD Inglis Lyon said: "Overall, the past year has been another of significant growth in passenger figures across the HIAL group, this highlights the customer demand for our air services and the continued support and connectivity they provide for communities". [more - original PR]
Brisbane Airport opened (22-Apr-2018) its new AUD135 million (USD103.6 million) expansion of its northern international terminal and apron. The project delivered 55,000sqm of new pavement, new aircraft taxiways and three new aircraft parking bays capable of accommodating aircraft up to A380 weight, as well as improved passenger experience and processing efficiency to cater for future growth. Work added 11,000sqm of space at the international terminal, including new arriving and departing passenger zones, two new walk-out gates and four new aerobridges. [more - original PR]
BlueSwanDaily.com published (23-Apr-2018) the following exclusive analysis pieces:
- New York, Geneva, Zurich, Luanda and Bridgetown remain world's most expensive global location for business travel
- Open or closed skies? What is the future for aviation's global network framework
- Social media is sexy, but making money from it is getting harder
- Catch up on CAPA's exclusive Market Analysis pieces – Air New Zealand, Virgin Australia, Colombia aviation, Munich Airport and more
- Airline Insight: Shandong Airlines
- Airport Insight: Addis Ababa Bole International Airport
- Bitcoin Watch – Cryptocurrencies surge hitting 4-week highs
Want More News Like This?
This report examines the credentials of a number of airlines and airports that are actively involved in the promotion of musical events, including performances on their own property (e.g. on board or in-terminal).