La Compagnie reported (16-May-2021) it received an EUR10 million state guaranteed loan through its parent company Dreamjet and renewed financial support from its shareholders, and plans to resume services from France to the US from Jun-2021. The carrier had suspended services to the US on 13-Mar-2020, switching to a charter operating model. Service from Paris to New York is due to resume in Jun-2021, followed by Nice-New York from Jul-2021. [more - original PR]
- CAPA - Centre for Aviation, Chairman Emeritus, Peter Harbison
- Regional Express, Deputy Chairman, Hon. John Sharp AM
CAPA Live is the most sought-after monthly global aviation event. Taking place on the second Wednesday of each month, thousands of industry colleagues from across the globe tune in for their monthly dose of aviation and travel news, analysis, and in-depth interviews with industry leaders. Register here to be part of our growing community.
Etihad Airways, via its official website, announced (14-May-2021) it will continue to operate Abu Dhabi-Manila service carrying transit passengers from non-restricted countries, following the Philippines' restriction on entry from the UAE and Oman effective 14-May-2021. The airline will also continue to operate flights from Manila as scheduled.
Shanghai Pudong International Airport reported (17-May-2021) the following traffic highlights for Apr-2021:
- Passengers: 4.0 million, -37.2% compared to Apr-2019;
- Domestic: 3.9 million, +23.4%;
- International: 60,900, -97.7%;
- Regional: 65,400, -88.2%;
- Cargo: 372,500 tonnes, +26.7%;
- Domestic: 22,600 tonnes, -12.7%;
- International: 310,200 tonnes, +31.6%;
- Regional: 39,700 tonnes, +23.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 37,712, -10.6%;
- Domestic: 29,004, +32.5%;
- International: 6796, -58.8%;
- Regional: 1527, -53.5%. [more - original PR - Chinese]
Want More News Like This?
- If the first two decades of the century were transformational for the aviation industry, the 2020s will be revolutionary.