TAP Portugal SVP network and revenue management Elton D'Souza, speaking on CAPA TV, stated (Oct-2017) the airline anticipates approval of the JV agreement with Azul by early 2018. He said the agreement will make TAP Portugal the "strongest" European carrier serving Brazil. [more - CAPA TV ]
Prague Václav Havel Airport reported (19-Oct-2017) the following traffic highlights for Sep-2017:
- Passengers: 1.6 million, +15.9% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 2965, -2.4%;
- International: 1.6 million, +15.9%;
- Cargo: 7330 tonnes, +17.0%;
- Aircraft movements: 14,679, +9.7%;
- Domestic: 330, -4.6%;
- International: 14,117, +10.9%. [more - original PR]
flyValan reported (Oct-2017) the following updates ahead of its planned launch in Nov-2017:
- Operating base at Genoa Cristoforo Colombo Airport;
- Planned routes:
- Operations to launch with a single ATR 72-500 aircraft configured with 68 seats;
- Expected delivery of second aircraft in Feb-2018;
- Plans for five aircraft in operation;
- Targeting corporate and business travellers;
- Staff to be recruited in Genoa to support regional airport;
- Weekend operations to focus on charter services also operating from other airports.
As previously reported by CAPA, flyValan's services will be operated by FlyCompass, a company with a Romanian AOC. [more - original PR]
Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (ASUR) announced (19-Oct-2017) its subsidiary Aeropuerto de Cancun SA concluded the acquisition of a controlling stake of approximately 92.42% in Sociedad Operadora de Aeropuertos de Centro Norte (Airplan). The acquisition is an important strategic addition allowing ASUR to enter the South American market by offering airport services through six airports in Colombia.[more - original PR]
Want More News Like This?
This report examines the credentials of a number of airlines and airports that are actively involved in the promotion of musical events, including performances on their own property (e.g. on board or in-terminal).
Mezi VP Travel Strategy & Partnerships, Johnny Thorsen, talks about the possible impact of blockchain technology on airline distribution and looks at developments in pricing.