CAPA – leaders in global aviation knowledge, delivering market analysis, data and information services to support strategic planning at blue chip international aviation organisations worldwide.
CAPA's Latest Aviation Analysis and CAPA Updates
There are 103 A380s in service as of early May-2013. Emirates has 33 and Singapore Airlines has 19, so when assessing network scheduling, these two and their hubs predominate: of the 1,048 weekly A380 flights, 402 are from Emirates alone. Dubai and Singapore airport see the most A380 flights.
But there are some less predictable statistics. The airport to see the most A380 operators is Hong Kong followed by Paris and Los Angeles. The largest A380 destination that is not (yet) an A380-hub is London Heathrow. The UK and USA are the most common A380 destinations after Australia, Singapore and the UAE. Asia, not the Middle East, sees the most A380 flights; South America sees none. Guangzhou-Shanghai Pudong is the shortest A380 route at 1,202km while Los Angeles-Melbourne is the longest at 12,751km. Qantas and Lufthansa have the highest average sector length while Thai Airways is placing the most number of cycles – about two – on its aircraft per day. Qantas and Air France are placing the least (just over one).
CAPA Top 5 Analysis Articles
- CAPA World Aviation Yearbook 2013: Country, Airline data in a comprehensive 1,000 page report
- The A380 becomes mainstream, with 103 now in service: which airlines, destinations, stage lengths?
- Air freight opportunities in Papua New Guinea attract Qantas and Skyforce as economic boom unfolds
- Iberia: a new hammer can crack an old nut, but sometimes the new ones taste better
- Qantas-Emirates alliance: the last piece of the puzzle falls in place across the Tasman
- CAPA announces executive promotions within advisory and research teams in South Asia
- CAPA - Centre for Aviation and Gooey Global extend aviation executive contact database agreement
- CAPA and mba unveil fleet data partnership: mba to power aircraft valuations on CAPA Fleet service
- CAPA - Centre for Aviation bolsters analysis team with two senior appointments
- 50 airline delegates already confirmed for CAPA Aviation Finance Summit Asia, Singapore, 20/21 March