20-Dec-2010 9:05 AM
Asia Pacific and Indian airlines cancel flights to Europe
- North Asia:
- EVA Air:
- EVA Air:
- Southeast Asia:
- Malaysia Airlines: cancelled one flight from London to Kuala Lumpur on 18-Dec-2010, while two flights from London to Kuala Lumpur were diverted to Frankfurt and Istanbul (Bernama,19-Dec-2010). The carrier also retimed its Kuala Lumpur-London service on 19-Dec-2010 to 20-Dec-2010.
- Singapore Changi Airport: stated all flights from London due to arrive in Singapore on 19-Dec-2010 have been cancelled or re-timed (Channel NewsAsia, 19-Dec-2010). Affected services included one British Airways flight, three Singapore Airlines flights and two Qantas flights. They have been re-timed to arrive today (20-Nov-2010). One Singapore Airlines flight to London was forced to return to Singapore on 19-Dec-3010, while two flights to London were diverted to Frankfurt and Zurich on 18-Dec-2010. Flights from Amsterdam and Frankfurt to Singapore have also been delayed;
- South Pacific
- Air New Zealand: forced to cancel a number of flights from Auckland and Los Angeles to London on 18-Dec-2010 and advised passengers its Auckland-London via Hong Kong/Los Angeles services were still due to operate, but may be forced to terminate in Hong Kong or Los Angeles (Stuff, 20-Dec-2010);
- Qantas: cancelled four services from Australia to London during their stopovers in Singapore and Bangkok on 19-Dec-2010 (ABC News, 20-Dec-2010). The carrier stated one service from London Heathrow was able to depart on 19-Dec-2010.
- SriLankan Airlines: cancelled two London services on 19-Dec-2010 (ColomboPage, 19-Dec-2010).