Tiger Airways pax numbers down 12% in Dec-2011, load factor down 8 ppts
Tiger Airways reports (10-Jan-2012) the following traffic highlights:
- Passenger numbers: 481,000, -12% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 83%, -8.0 ppts;
- 12 months ended Dec-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 5.7 million, stable;
- Passenger load factor: 83%, -3.0 ppts. [more – original PR]
Tiger Airways: “Tiger Airways Singapore increased capacity by 60% in December 2011 compared to December 2010, which included new services to the Philippines (Cebu and Davao) and India (Bangalore). Tiger Airways Australia operated at reduced capacity and on a limited schedule in December 2011 relative to December 2010, resulting in a decline in passenger numbers.” Source: Company statement, 10-Jan-2012.