Jet Airways to consolidate and rebrand its low-fare products, JetLite to be merged into JetKonnect
Jet Airways announced (19-Mar-2012) plans to rebrand and consolidate Jet Airways Konnect and JetLite as JetKonnect, effective 25-Mar-2012, as part of a strategic rebranding exercise and to simplify the group’s service proposition and enhance brand recall. Details include:
- Business entities: Jet Airways (India) Limited and JetLite (India) Limited, will continue as distinct business entities operating under their own airline operating permits;
- Product offering: In an attempt to achieve brand consistency, JetKonnect will be the dedicated low fare service with a mixed fleet of Boeing and ATR aircraft to operate on metro, tier II and III routes. Jet Airways will offer a full service product;
- JetKonnect branding: The aircraft will be painted in JetKonnect colours over time. JetKonnect will offer Premiere services on certain routes, offering the same product as Premiere passengers receive on Jet Airways. This will be further expanded in a phased manner. The cockpit and cabin crew will have the same uniform as their counterparts from Jet Airways. Some JetKonnect flights will operate under the S2 code, while others will have flight numbers prefixed by the 9W code. 9W and S2 will also continue their existing codeshare agreement. A gradual rebranding of the JetKonnect brand would be manifest on letterheads, the JetKonnect website, boarding passes, tickets, stationery. Signage at all check-in and ticketing counters will have dual branding reflecting the existing Jet Airways and the new JetKonnect logos. Difference in fares between the Premier Jet Airways and JetKonnect will also be reflected on the website and all visible communication avenues. Economy guests onboard JetKonnect flights will continue to be offered a range of refreshments from Jet Cafe, JetKonnect's buy-on-board meal service;
- Website: From 26-Mar-2012, jetlite.com will automatically be redirected to the new, rebranded jetkonnect.com;
- Impact on group operations: The total number of services operated by the Jet Airways Group, which currently operates around 600 flights daily with a fleet of 120 aircraft, will remain unchanged.[more - original PR] [more - original PR - Stock Exchange Announcement]
JetLite was created in 2007, following the takeover of Air Sahara in Apr-2007. JetKonnect was launched in May-2009 as competition increased in the no-frills category.
Jet Airways: “Given that our low-fare, high-quality all-economy product, Jet Airways Konnect has proved to be a successful model since its introduction in May 2009, we thought it best to consolidate our product in the low-fare segment with a single brand – JetKonnect, for enhanced brand recall. The decision was made to streamline our product portfolio and offer our guests a single superior in-flight product in the full service and low fare categories respectively, drawing synergies from the Jet Airways mother brand. The launch of brand JetKonnect is the culmination of a well coordinated effort.We are confident that this initiative will be well accepted by all our guests. The Jet Airways Group is continually looking at opportunities to optimally deploy and cross-utilise common resources of Jet Airways and JetLite wherever possible and this rebranding exercise will help further in synergising the airlines' collective operations," Sudheer Raghavan, chief commercial officer. Source: Company statement, 19-Mar-2012.