- Passenger numbers: 2.5 million, +11.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +11.9%;
- Capacity (ASKs): +8.2%;
- Passenger load factor: 83.1%, +2.8 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 124,531 tonnes, -11%;
- Cargo load factor: 63.3%, -5.0 ppts;
- Flights: 5528, +5.6%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “Passenger volumes showed an increase compared to Apr-2011, though in the same month last year traffic to and from Japan was still being heavily affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Regional traffic last month was boosted by additional Cathay Pacific and Dragonair frequencies. The biggest problem at the moment is yield, which continues to decline in all classes, especially Economy, while our business in the premium cabins is coming under increasing pressure,” Cathay Pacific general manager revenue management, James Tong. Source: Company statement, 16-May-2012.