Air New Zealand and Etihad announce codeshare
Air New Zealand announced (08-Feb-2011) the signing of a codeshare agreement with Etihad Airways. Air New Zealand will codeshare on Etihad’s services between Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Abu Dhabi as well as between Abu Dhabi and London Heathrow. Etihad will codeshare on Air New Zealand's trans-Tasman and domestic services. The two airlines will integrate Air New Zealand Airpoints and Etihad’s Etihad Guest loyalty programmes, allowing customers to earn and spend on each other’s flights. The carriers expect codeshare fares to be available from the end of Feb-2011 for travel from Apr-2011 following relevant government approvals. [more]
Air New Zealand: "This arrangement with Etihad Airways further extends connectivity options for our customers through to Europe as well as providing opportunities to further grow passenger numbers for our trans-Tasman and domestic services,” Rob Fyfe, CEO. Source: Air New Zealand, 08-Feb-2011.
Etihad Airways: “This opens up five key destinations in New Zealand that we have been eager to offer to our customers for a long time and we are certain the connections and seamless flight experience offered by Etihad and Air New Zealand will appeal to business and leisure travellers.” James Hogan, CEO. Source: Air New Zealand, 08-Feb-2011.
Air New Zealand codeshare on Etihad as follows:
- 11 return flights per week between Sydney and Abu Dhabi;
- 3 return flights per week between Brisbane and Abu Dhabi;
- 7 return flights per week between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi;
- 3 return flights per day between Abu Dhabi and London Heathrow.
Etihad code share on Air New Zealand as follows:
- Domestic services between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown;
- Trans-Tasman services between Sydney and Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, Rotorua and Queenstown;
- Trans-Tasman services between Brisbane and Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington;
- Trans-Tasman services from Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch to Melbourne.