Air Arabia and Tantash Group to launch Jordan’s first LCC
- Partner details: Jordanian Tantash Group is an Amman-based investment company with interests in travel and tourism, real estate, financial services and industrial investment;
- Management: The new carrier will be managed by the Air Arabia Group;
- Base: The new LCC will be based in Amman's Queen Alia International Airport and will become the carrier's fourth regional hub, after Sharjah, Morocco and Alexandria;
- Destinations: The new LCC will serve destinations across Europe, the Middle East and North Africa;
- Further details: Further information regarding the new JV will be communicated in the near future.
Air Arabia: "At a time when the global and regional economy continues to demonstrate strong signs of sustained recovery, we are confident of the long-term growth opportunities for the first low-cost carrier in the Kingdom, which will provide the high level of service, operational reliability and value-for-money fares that have become hallmarks of the Air Arabia brand," Adel Ali, CEO. Source: Gulf News, 07-Jun-2010.
Tantash Group: "With nearly two decades of experience in the travel and tourism sector in Jordan, Tantash Group, like our partners Air Arabia, is a pioneer in the region’s rapidly expanding travel sector. This partnership therefore represents a unique synergy of skills, experience and management vision, which will provide significant benefits for travellers based in Jordan and across the wider EMEA region," Mazen Tantash, Chairman. Source: Gulf News, 07-Jun-2010.