Outlook 2007: Dawn of a new cycle
"While growth remains robust and the environment relatively benign this year, the clouds could be gathering”, warns the Centre’s Executive Chairman, Peter Harbison. The prospects for the year ahead will be a central theme of the region’s high level aviation strategy Summit, Outlook 2007, which will return to Singapore, on 9/10 November 2006.
“The Aviation Outlook 2007 Summit will review the threats posed by sustained high fuel prices, higher interest rates and the potential for overcapacity in key markets, which could drag fares and yields lower. High calibre speakers will also address the challenges of restructuring in the new cycle, as well as consolidation and alliances trends and the outlook for liberalisation in this region – it will be a typically very exciting and topical CAPA programme”, said Mr Harbison.
High level speakers at past Outlook Summits include Geoff Dixon (CEO, Qantas), Chew Choon Seng (CEO, Singapore Airlines), V Thulasidas (Chairman and Managing Director, Air-India), Wolfgang Prock-Schauer (CEO, Jet Airways), Tony Fernandes, (CEO, AirAsia), Dr Vijay Mallya (Chairman, Kingfisher Airlines), Tony Davis (CEO, Tiger Airways) and many others.
Mr Harbison says that this year’s programme will to deliver a toolkit for success as we enter a new cycle, with presentations from the industry’s CEOs. "As always, Outlook 2007 will be the highlight of the region’s conference calendar”, he added.
Outlook 2007 programme sessions* include:
- Globalisation and the role of aviation
- Airline profitability at the peak of the cycle
- The Big Picture Issues for 2007
- Airline strategy in the new cycle: CEO Panel
- 2007’s BIG 3 operational issues: Aviation access, fuel and labour shortages
- Aviation Legends Address: Are we headed for a capacity-led recession?
- Consolidation and alliances in the new cycle
- Airport strategy in the new cycle: CEO Panel
- Growth markets and LCCs strategy in the new cycle
- Closing CEOs Panel: The Outlook for 2007
The prestigious CAPA Aviation Awards for Excellence will be presented at a Gala Ceremony in the evening of Day 1 of the Outlook 2007 programme.
Key details about Outlook 2007:
- Date: 9-10 November 2006
- Venue: Pan Pacific International Hotel
• 250+ Delegates
• 25+ High-level Speakers
• 35+ Global Media Representatives
- Media Exposure: Global newswire press coverage
• Broadsheet newspaper coverage on three continents
• Over 50 website listings and industry magazine advertisements
• Global television coverage: Advertisements on Bloomberg Television
The event will also feature an extensive supplier exhibition and enhanced sponsor offering, with over 20+ hours of networking time.
For sponsorship details, please contact Misty Cambray, Marketing Manager Ph: +612 9241 3200.