Airport capex requirement hits USD170 bn
Airport capex requirement hits USD170 bn;
Privatisation pipeline valued at USD40 bn;
- CAPA launches major five-day airport event with ACI
The Centre’s Executive Chairman, Peter Harbison, stated “the objective of Airport Development 2006 is to bring together global aviation investor and strategic interests in airport and ANS development, focusing the global spotlight on Asia Pacific, Middle East and Eastern European issues”.
“This global aviation interest highlights the need to share experiences in state of the art finance/investments, regulations & policies, privatisation, retail strategies, latest infrastructure, strategic and new technology requirements for airports in these rapidly emerging markets”, he said.
Airport Development 2006 will be held at the prestigious Raffles City Convention Centre in Singapore, from 29 August to 2 September 2006. It is organised by CAPA with key partners, including Airports Council International (ACI) and IJK and Associates, supported by Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO).
ACI members committed a record USD36 billion on capital expenditure in 2005, following USD31 billion in 2004. The Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation estimates approximately USD170 billion in airport expenditure has been announced (globally), mostly falling within next five years. The Centre also estimates the global airport privatisation pipeline (currently around 40-50 airports) is valued at up to USD40 billion, which will keep credit quality under pressure.
The confirmed speaker list already includes many of the leading participants in the global airport sector, including:
- Charles E Schlumberger, Principal Air Transport Specialist, World Bank;
- Robert J Aaronson, Director General, Airports Council International (ACI);
- Alexander ter Kuille, Secretary General, CANSO;
- Peter Harbison, Executive Chairman- Centre For Asia Pacific Aviation;
- Kerrie Mather, CEO, Macquarie Airports;
- Melanie Gee, Joint Global Head of Transport, UBS Financial Services;
- Dimitrios Gastonis, Director Aviation, Hochtief Airport;
- Waleed Youssef, CEO, Abu Dhabi Airports Company;
- Colin Campbell, Managing Director, Citigroup;
- Andrew Miller, CEO, Centre For Asia Pacific Aviation;
- Robert J Althuis, Managing Director, GE Commercial Finance Aviation Services;
- Eric Wij, Director, Lazard;
- Jacques Follain, Managing Director, Aeroports de Paris Management;
- Roman Himmler, Manager Group Shareholdings, Vienna International Airport Group;
- George Casey, CEO, Vancouver Airport Services;
- Herbert Meier, ex-Vice President, Zurich Airport;
- Andrea Pal, Senior Vice President, Fraport;
Key details about Airport Development 2006:
- Date: 29 August – 2 September 2006
- Venue: Raffles City Convention Centre
• 350+ Delegates
• 60+ High-level Speakers
• 50+ Global Media Representatives
- Media Exposure: Global newswire press coverage
- Broadsheet newspaper coverage on three continents
- Global television coverage: Over 50 website listings and advertising
- Live web streaming of interviews to over 500 000 people
The event will also feature an extensive supplier exhibition and enhanced sponsor offering, with over 20+ hours of networking time.
For more information, please visit: https://centreforaviation.com
For sponsorship details, please contact Misty Cambray, Marketing Manager email@example.com Ph: +612 9241 3200.