19-Jan-2011 12:01 PM
RDC Aviation's UK Monitor affirms passenger traffic slump
RDC Aviation released its UK Passenger and Cargo Monitor Jan-Nov-2010. Highlights include:
- Total passenger throughput from UK airports was 200.6 million in the period Jan-Nov-2010, a 2.9% year-on-year fall;
- Heathrow remains the busiest in the period Jan-Nov 2010, handling 61.0 million passengers, a 0.6% year-on-year increase;
- Heathrow also recorded the largest increase in passenger numbers with an extra 361,181 (+0.6%) passengers. Stansted had the largest decrease in passenger numbers with 1.2 million less than last year (-6.6%).
- Gatwick handled the most charter passengers in the period with 5.5 million, an 8.4% year-on-year fall;
- The US is the most popular destination country from London with 12.9 million passengers (-1.6%), while Spain is the most popular destination from the UK with 15.8 million (-5.2%);