- Revenue: GBP517.4 million, +8.6% year-on-year;
- Aeronautical: GBP274.2 million, +12.2%;
- Retail: GBP120.9 million, +4.6%;
- Car parking: GBP54.3 million, +5.0%;
- EBITDA*: GBP221.5 million, +16.9%;
- Passenger numbers: 33.8 million, +6.9%;
- Aircraft movements: 242,498, +2.9%. [more – original PR]
London Gatwick: "Underpinning our performance is a transformation of the passenger experience and improvement in operational efficiency for our airlines and the airport. We have been competing with Heathrow, Stansted and Luton and other European airports, and this has seen us achieve passenger growth every single month over the course of the year. We have been winning new connections to high growth economies including South Korea, Turkey, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China. Passengers and airlines are benefiting from new facilities and we are currently investing around GBP20 million per month. We expect to invest around a further GBP435 million over the next two years as we complete our six year GBP1.2 billion programme,” Stewart Wingate, CEO. Source: Company statement, 25-Jun-2012.