London Gatwick Airport EBITDA up 3% in FY2013, financials in line with expectations
- Revenue: GBP538.9 million, +4.2% year-on-year;
- EBITDA (pre-exceptional items): GBP227.1 million, +2.5%;
- Profit (loss): (GBP29.1 million), compared to a loss of BP45.7 million in p-c-p;
- Capital expenditure: GBP2392 million, +8.7%;
- Net debt: BP1404 million, +10.8%;
- Passenger numbers: 34.2 million, +1.2%. [more - original PR]
London Gatwick Airport: "Although economic headwinds have remained strong, Gatwick has delivered financial results in line with expectations. It has also been a positive year for welcoming new airlines to Gatwick and attracting new links to key growth markets including China, Russia, Indonesia and Turkey, adding to existing routes which have been expanded such as our services to Vietnam. In retail, we have seen good year-on-year results, which compare favourably to performance on the high street. Thanks to the opening of Europe’s largest World Duty Free store in South Terminal and major updates in both South and North Terminal departure lounges, we have seen income per passenger increase," Stewart Wingate, CEO. Source: Company statement, 25-Jun-2013.