Hong Kong International Airport passenger numbers up 6% - traffic highlights for Jun-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 4.7 million, +5.5% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 334,000 tonnes, +4.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 28,415, +4.9%;
- Six months ended 30-Jun-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 27.6 million, +6.9%;
- Cargo volume: 1.9 million tonnes, stable;
- Aircraft movements: 171,870, +5.8%.
The airport attributed the traffic growth in 1H2012 on visitor traffic and Hong Kong resident travel, which increased 6% and 9%, respectively. Passenger traffic to and from Japan and Southeast Asia performed particularly well. Airport Authority Hong Kong CEO Stanley Hui stated the airport introduced four new airlines in 1H2012 including Far Eastern Air Transport, Mongolian Airlines Group, Peach Aviation and AirAsia Philippines.