- Passenger numbers: 4.8 million, +15.4% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 186,417 tonnes, +0.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 29,276, +5.8%. [more - original PR]
The airport separately reported (25-Apr-2012) the following traffic highlights at Dubai International Airport in its 1Q2012 traffic statistics:
- India: Remained largest destination country. Traffic up 7% year-on-year to 1.8 million. Flights up from 349 in 1Q2011 to 366 in 1Q2012, although destinations remained unchanged at 17;
- South Africa: Passenger traffic up 39.9% to 307,132. Emirates increased capacity to South Africa by 20% compared to 1Q2011;
- Russia: Traffic up 47% to 359,066, driven by the expansion of flydubai to Russia and the CIS region.