- Passenger numbers: 2.5 million, +5.3% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +6.1%;
- Passenger load factor: 81.5%, +3.2 ppts;
- Capacity (ASKs): +1.9%;
- Cargo volume: 137,300 tonnes, -0.9%;
- Cargo load factor: 61.6%, -2.4 ppts;
- Flights: 6191, +4.5%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “Premium traffic continued to pick up in October as we entered the peak season for corporate travel, and business was spurred by the beginning of the Canton Fair in Guangzhou. Demand out of our home markets, Hong Kong and the Pearl River Delta, was robust in October and we saw good load factors across the network, particularly in the Economy Class cabin on long-haul routes. Capacity began to show an increase for the first time this year as we strengthened frequencies on some routes and added two new destinations, Male and Siem Reap,” James Tong, Cathay Pacific General Manager Revenue Management. Source: Company statement, 18-Nov-2013.