Cathay Pacific reports (14-Jun-2012) the following traffic highlights in May-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 2.4 million, +6.8% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +4.5%;
- Passenger load factor: 78.5%, +0.2 ppt;
- Cargo volume: 123,403 tonnes, -10.6%;
- Cargo load factor: 62.3%, -5.9 ppts;
- Flights: 5696, +6.8%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “Demand on the passenger side remained robust throughout May, boosted by the enhancement of both Cathay Pacific and Dragonair’s regional services. Dragonair added four new destinations to its network in May. We continued to see a decline in yield in the Economy Class cabin on most routes. Business in the premium cabins is now being affected by a fall in yield and a lack of growth in volumes,” James Tong, GM revenue management. Source: Company statement, 14-Jun-2012.