Cathay Pacific reports (14-Dec-2012) the following traffic highlights in Nov-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 2.4 million, +3.8% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): -3.5%;
- Passenger load factor: 79.2%, +0.7 ppt;
- Cargo volume: 140,824 tonnes, +6.3%;
- Cargo load factor: 63.9%, -1.4 ppts;
- Flights: 5794, +7.7%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “A combination of fewer flights and using more of the fuel-efficient, but smaller, Boeing 777-300ERs on long-haul routes brought down our overall capacity in November. However, we continued with our strategy to strengthen our regional network, adding a new Dragonair service to Kolkata. Passenger numbers were satisfactory in the Economy cabin on long-haul routes, but demand in the premium cabins continued to be weaker than expected, especially within the region. Yield remained under pressure in all classes,” Cathay Pacific General Manager Revenue Management James Tong. Source: Company statement, 14-Dec-2012.