Cathay Pacific passenger numbers up in Sep-2011, load factor down. Cargo lower
Cathay Pacific passenger numbers up 3.5% - traffic highlights in Sep-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 2.3 million, +3.5% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +7.0%;
- Passenger load factor: 79.7%, -2.1 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 131,443 tonnes, -10.1%;
- Cargo load factor: 64.8%, -5.0 ppts. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “In September we saw a falloff in demand in the back end, as expected after the summer peak. The Japan route continued to see a recovery, though China was down compared to last year due to the Shanghai Expo effect in 2010. Premium business held up well in September in terms of volume and yield, with currency movements working in our favour, but the outlook is getting more uncertain as companies begin to review their travel policies in light of the economic situation,” Cathay Pacific general manager revenue management, James Tong. Source: Company statement, 14-Oct-2011.