Air New Zealand announces Etihad codeshare
Air New Zealand announced (08-Apr-2011) it has received government approval for its codeshare agreement with Etihad Airways. Under the agreement, Etihad will codeshare on Air New Zealand trans-Tasman and domestic services from 18-Apr-2011. Air New Zealand will codeshare on Etihad’s services between Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Abu Dhabi and between Abu Dhabi and London Heathrow. The agreement also integrates the airlines’ loyalty programmes, Air New Zealand’s Airpoints and Etihad Guest, enabling customers to earn and spend on each other’s flights. [more]
Etihad codeshares include:
- 11 return services per week between Sydney and Abu Dhabi;
- three return services per week between Brisbane and Abu Dhabi;
- seven return services per week between Melbourne and Abu Dhabi;
- three return services per day between Abu Dhabi and London Heathrow.
Air New Zealand codeshares include:
- Domestic services between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown;
- Trans-Tasman services between Sydney and Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, Rotorua and Queenstown;
- Trans-Tasman services between Brisbane and Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington;
- Trans-Tasman services from Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch to Melbourne.