Jet Airways appoints new CEO, achieves industrial peace, shares on a roll
Jet Airways announced the appointment of Nikos Kardassis as Acting CEO, to replace Wolfgang Prock-Schauer, who has resigned, effective 15-Oct-2009, to become CEO of British Midland PLC (bmi). Mr Prock-Schauer, an Austrian national, became CEO of Jet Airways in Jun-2003 and will replace Nigel Turner at bmi, who will become Deputy Chairman of the UK carrier. [1137 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- New capital raising approved
- Alliance with Kingfisher still a fledgling
- Peace with pilots, at a price
- Aug-2009 traffic showed some improvement
- But the LCC off-shoot is set for growth
Graphs and data:
- Jet Airways domestic passenger numbers and passenger number growth: Aug-08 to Aug-09
- Jet Airways’ market share: Aug-2006 to Aug-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.