South Korea's int'l passenger numbers up 6.4% in Oct-2011, cargo down
South Korea’s Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs reports (22-Nov-2011) the following traffic highlights in Oct-2011:
- Passenger numbers:
- International: 3.8 million, +6.4% year-on-year;
- By region:
- Domestic: 2.0 million, +5.5%;
- By carrier:
- Cargo volume: 306,000 tonnes, -3.5%;
- International: 280,000 tonnes, -4.8%;
- Domestic: 26,000 tonnes, +13%.
According to the Ministry, South Korea’s full service carriers accounted for 66.8% of total international passengers in Oct-2011, while the nation’s LCCs accounted for 4.7% of the total international passenger numbers, up 2.2 ppts. South Korea’s LCC accounted for 42.2%, up 7.0 ppts of the total domestic passenger numbers in Oct-2011.