30-Jul-2010 10:28 AM
Rolls-Royce reports heavy losses in 1H2010 from GBP1m loss on forex
Rolls-Royce reports the following financial highlights for the six months ended 30-Jun-2010:
- Revenue: GBP5,421 million, +5.5% year-on-year;
- Operating costs: GBP4,316 million, +6.1%;
- Operating profit: GBP594 million, -0.3%;
- EBIT: (GBP475 million), compared with an EBIT of GBP2,515 million in the p-c-p;
- Net profit: (GBP331 million), compared with a net profit of GBP1,857 million in the p-c-p.
- Civil Aerospace:
- Revenue: GBP2,294 million, +0.6% year-on-year;
- Original equipment: GBP858 million, -9%;
- Services: GBP1,436 million, 7.4%;
- Profit (before financing): GBP210 million, -18.3%;
- Order book: GBP47.3 billion, +0.6%.