Qantas passenger numbers up 9.7%, yields still down
Qantas passenger numbers up 9.7% - traffic highlights in Nov-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 3.5 million, +9.7% year-on-year;
- Load factor: 82.3%, +4.0 ppts;
- Qantas Domestic: 83%, +4.9 ppts;
- QantasLink: 68.7%, -1.6 ppt;
- Jetstar Domestic: 85.2%, +5.9 ppts;
- Qantas International: 83%, +3.6 ppts;
- Jetstar International: 79%, +5.7 ppts;
- Jetstar Asia: 84.9%, n/a. [more]
Qantas expects to achieve a profit before tax in the range of USD44.5 million to USD133.4 million for the first half of the FY2009/10.
Qantas: “Total Domestic (Qantas, QantasLink and Jetstar Domestic operations) yield excluding foreign exchange for the financial year to November 2009 was 8.9 percent lower when compared to the same period the prior year. Total International (Qantas and Jetstar International operations) yield excluding foreign exchange for the financial year to November 2009 decreased by 23.2 percent when compared to the same period the prior year," Source: Company statement, 21-Dec-2009.