5-Sep-2016 10:24 AM
Qantas aims to achieve further USD340m in transformation benefits in FY2016/17
Qantas provided (02-Sep-2016) an update to its ongoing 'Transformation Programme'.
- Achieved AUD1.66 billion (USD1.26 billion) of targeted AUD2.1 billion (USD1.59 billion) in transformation benefits. Excluding fuel, expenditures have been reduced by 9%, against a greater than 10% target;
- Achieved AUD557 million (USD423 million) in cost and revenue benefits in FY2015/16;
- Workforce reduction of 4605 full time equivalent employees, against target of 5000;
- AUD1 billion debt reduction delivered on schedule;
- Achieved less than 3.5x debt/EBITDA ratio and funds from operations/net debt of greater than 45% ahead of schedule;
- Sustainable positive free cash flow position delivered on schedule;
- Reduced fleet from 11 to eight types, against target of seven. Retaining two non-reconfigured Boeing 747s;
- Improved net promoter score, with record levels achieved at Qantas International, Qantas Domestic and Qantas Loyalty;
- Premium on-time performance maintained with increase to 89.7%.
A further AUD450 million (USD341 million) in benefits will be realised in FY2016/17, to reach the AUD2.1 billion target by 30-Jun-2017. [more - original PR]