Malaysia Airports Holdings pax up 3%, cargo stable in Jun-2012; handles 32.6 million pax in 1H2012
Malaysia Airports Holdings passenger numbers up 3% - traffic highlights:
- Passenger numbers: 5.7 million, +2.7% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 76,470 tonnes, -0.2%;
- Aircraft movements: 53,438, +0.5%;
- Six months ended 30-Jun-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 32.6 million, +4.2%;
- Cargo volume: 435,501 tonnes, -0.5%;
- Aircraft movements: 317,671, +1.7%.
According to the airport operator, the overall increase in international passengers was attributable to a 12.4% increase in foreign airlines movements and an 8.7% increase in AirAsia Group movements. New airlines that commenced operations during 1H2012 include Mandala Airlines, Bangkok Airways, Airphil Express and AirAsia Philippines .