London Heathrow Airport reports 1% fall in Jan-2010 pax numbers
- Passenger Numbers: 7.2 million, -3.1% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 123,576 tonnes, +13.9%;
- Heathrow: 106,299 tonnes, +14.8%;
- Stansted: 15,165 tonnes, +14.2%;
- Aircraft movements: 68,516, -7.3%;
- Heathrow: 36,128, -4.7%;
- Stansted: 11,293, -5.4%.
BAA: “There is no doubt that the market remains a difficult one, and certainly the snow didn't help, but, equally, there are encouraging signs of growth, particularly on the routes out of Heathrow to the Middle East and South America, as well as cargo. This once again underlines Heathrow's role as the UK's only hub airport," Colin Matthews, Chief Executive. Source: BAA, 10-Feb-2010.