EADS announced (30-Apr-2013) it is implementing a new organisational set-up of its corporate communications department to increase its focus on international growth markets as well as ensuring a more efficient information flow throughout the group. Corporate communications will see the creation of a reinforced 'Centre of Competence' for exhibitions in order to further enhance the group’s representation at renowned trade shows worldwide. This will be detailed and implemented in 1H2013. As part of the new corporate communications organisation, the following team members will serve as heads of functions and report directly to Rainer Ohle, head of EADS Group communications:
- Martin Agüera: Appointed head of corporate media relations and is responsible for the group’s worldwide media activities. In this function, he also serves as the company’s chief spokesman. In addition, all corporate social media activities of EADS are integrated in his department;
- Vincent Benard: Confirmed as head of internal communications, a position he has occupied since Apr-2011. In his position, he is responsible for the group-wide communication of EADS topics to employees, including executive communications, as well as all corporate heritage activities;
- Jeff Burridge: Appointed head of content and production. He joins EADS from Airbus where he has been head of communications for Airbus in the UK since 2010. Content and production is a newly created function and will serve as the department’s content power-house, covering the following functions: Corporate identity and advertising, audio and visual, online and digital platforms, content production as well as editing;
- Philippe Lemasson: Appointed head of corporate protocol, events and sponsoring as well as head of communications in France. He has held the position of head of EADS corporate protocol for France since 2007;
- Thorsten Möllmann: Appointed head of international communications. He will be in charge of developing and implementing international communication strategies in coordination with the group’s strategy and marketing organisation, as well as the regional offices worldwide outside EADS’ four home markets and the US;
- Nicole Schareck: Assumes responsibilities as head of communications strategy and messaging as well as head of communications in Germany. She will be responsible for defining the communications strategy to include positioning of the CEO, speechwriting, communication performance management and benchmarking activities.
Jeremy Greaves, head of communications EADS UK, Guy Hicks, head of communications & governmental relations at EADS North America and Jaime Perez-Guerra, head of EADS communications in Spain are confirmed in their respective functions. [more - original PR]