Cebu Pacific announced (16-Jul-2012) plans to launch services from Iloilo to Hong Kong, Singapore, Puerto Princesa and General Santos in Nov-2012 which will see Iloilo become the LCC's fifth hub in the Philippines - see Route Changes Table for more information. The airline currently operates from Iloilo to Cebu, Cagayan de Oro and Davao. The airline will launch the following services:
- Iloilo-Hong Kong: Twice weekly service from 08-Nov-2012;
- Iloilo-General Santos: Four times weekly service from 08-Nov-2012;
- Iloilo-Manila: Daily service from 08-Nov-2012;
- Iloilo-Singapore: Three times weekly from 09-Nov-2012;
- Iloilo-Puerto Princesa: Three times weekly from 09-Nov-2012;
- Cagayan de Oro-Bacolod: Three times weekly from 09-Nov-2012.
Cebu Pacific vice president for marketing and distribution Candice Iyog said, "We are proud to launch Iloilo as our 5th hub, since these new routes will greatly contribute to the tourism and trade in Western Visayas. Direct international flights also mean easy access for foreign tourists and overseas Filipino workers, since there will be no more need to pass through Manila or Cebu." [more - original PR]