Cathay Pacific reports (17-Apr-2013) the following traffic highlights in Mar-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 2.6 million, +6.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): -2.0%;
- Passenger load factor: 83.4%, +4.0 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 136,504 tonnes, -5.3%;
- Cargo load factor: 66.4%, -1.9 ppts;
- Flights: 5941, +5.3%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific cargo: “We saw little change in the overall market situation in March. Demand was slow to recover from the extended closure of factories over the Chinese New Year period in February, and there was no significant surge out of our two key markets, Hong Kong and Mainland China. The major airfreight markets have been soft for two years now and, with no sign of any sustained pick-up in sight, we will continue to manage our freighter capacity in line with market demand,” James Woodrow, Cathay Pacific general manager Cargo Sales & Marketing. Source: Company statement, 17-Apr-2013.