Cathay Pacific reports (18-Mar-2013) the following traffic highlights in Feb-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 2.3 million, +10.5% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +1.8%;
- Passenger load factor: 80.8%, +6.3 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 103,752 tonnes, -12%;
- Cargo load factor: 61.1%, -4.7 ppts;
- Flights: 5450, +4.6%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “As with our January figures, year-on-year comparisons for February were distorted by the holiday effect. Comparing the first two months combined gives us a truer picture of our performance and it is reassuring to see a small increase in passenger numbers despite quite a significant drop in capacity. Passenger traffic was robust over the Chinese New Year holiday period, boosted by a total of 82 pairs of extra sectors to major holiday destinations. Demand in the premium cabins was in line with expectations for what is not a peak month for business travel," James Tong, GM revenue management. Source: Company statement, 18-Mar-2013.