Cathay Pacific passenger numbers up in Nov-2011, cargo down 13.8%
Cathay Pacific passenger numbers up 4.2% - traffic highlights in Nov-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 2.3 million, +4.2% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +6%;
- Passenger load factor: 78.5%, -2.0 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 132,430 tonnes, -13.8%;
- Cargo load factor: 65.3%, -6.3 ppts. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “Once again the growth in passenger traffic could not keep pace with the increase in capacity, which accounts for the dip in load factor. It was a similar story to previous months with demand in the premium cabins remaining robust, while in the Economy cabins yield came under increasing pressure, on long-haul routes in particular. Bookings for the upcoming Christmas travel peak are in line with expectations, but the outlook for the early part of 2012 is still very uncertain,” General manager revenue management, James Tong. Source: Company statement, 14-Dec-2011.