Cathay Pacific passenger numbers up 8.7% - traffic highlights in Nov-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 2.2 million, +8.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +9%;
- Passenger load factor: 80.5%, -1.5 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 153,572 tonnes, +8.4%;
- Cargo load factor: 71.6%, -5.2 ppts. [more]
Cathay Pacific: "Demand held up well across the network in November. There was a drop in the economy-class load factor compared to the same month in 2009, as a result of the significant increase in capacity over the same period and the strengthening base we saw in November 2009. The Hong Kong market remained robust, and we continued to see good passenger demand on our China routes and within the region. Premium demand saw an increase in revenue quality and volumes across most routes when compared to the same period in 2009," Tom Owen, Cathay Pacific General Manager Revenue Management. Source: Company statement, 13-Dec-2010.