Cathay Pacific reports (13-Jan-2011) the following traffic highlights:
- Passenger numbers: 2.3 million, +2.9% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +3.0%;
- Passenger load factor: 80.1%, -3.8 ppts;
- Cargo volume: +12%;
- Cargo load factor: 77.4%, -1.2 ppts;
- 12 months ended Dec-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 26.8 million, +9.1%;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +8%;
- Passenger load factor: 83.4%, +2.9 ppts;
- Cargo volume: +18.1%;
- Cargo load factor: 75.7%, +4.9 ppts. [more]
Cathay Pacific: "The passenger numbers in December were up on the same month in 2009, while the load factor dipped due to a significant increase in capacity year on year. However, the quality of revenue in all classes of travel was higher, with an improvement in the revenue efficiency of the operation,” Tom Owen, Cathay Pacific General Manager Revenue Management. Source: Cathay Pacific, 13-Jan-2011.
Cathay Pacific: “Freight volumes held up well through to the end of 2010 helped by year-end cancellations from our competitors. The load factor was marginally down on the same month in 2009, but there was a significant growth in tonnage and yield held up well. We will see some slackening in the market in early January though we anticipate an improvement in the second half of the month prior to the Chinese New Year holiday,” James Woodrow, Cathay Pacific General Manager Cargo Sales & Marketing. Source: Cathay Pacific, 13-Jan-2011.