Cathay Pacific (Group) passenger numbers up 5% - traffic highlights for Aug-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 2.7 million, +5.3% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +3.9%;
- Passenger load factor: 86.7%, +3.6ppts;
- Cargo volume: 122,724 tonnes, +0.3%;
- Cargo load factor: 58.7%, -3.2ppts;
- Number of flights: 6,197, +5.1%. [more - original PR]
Cathay Pacific (Group): "The strong demand we saw in July carried through into August with some very high load factors in our Economy cabins, particularly on long-haul routes and the main holiday destinations within Asia. The fact that we saw an increase in passenger numbers despite a drop in capacity highlights the strength of traffic over the summer peak, particularly in the home market. Demand in the premium cabins was relatively soft, in line with expectations, though we expect to see an uptick as we move in the traditional peak period for corporate travel," James Tong, General Manager Revenue Management. Source: Company statement, 16-Sep-2013.