Cathay Pacific (Group) pax up 4%, cargo and load factor down in Aug-2012; yield under pressure
Cathay Pacific (Group) passenger numbers up 4% - traffic highlights for Aug-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 2.6 million, +4.0% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +1.6%;
- Passenger load factor: 83.1%, -1.1 ppt;
- Cargo volume: 122,351 tonnes, -6.9%;
- Cargo load factor: 61.9%, -3.0 ppts. [more - original PR]
Cathay Pacific: "While the overall load factor on the passenger side was above 80%, it dropped below last year’s level in both months of the summer peak. A number of typhoons in the region impacted on our business in August, while the Olympics dampened demand to London. We also operated fewer extra sectors over the summer than in 2011. Yield remained under pressure in all cabins," James Tong, GM revenue management. Source: Company statement, 13-Sep-2012.