BAA reports passenger traffic rose 0.2% in Aug-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 10.7 million, +0.2%;
- Cargo volume: 139,672 tonnes, -4.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 83,842, -0.2%;
- London Heathrow: 41,168, +0.4%;
- London Stansted: 13,487, -5.4%;
- Southampton: 3981, -2.7%;
- Glasgow: 6537, +0.3%;
- Edinburgh: 9947, +1.0%;
- Aberdeen: 8722, +5.2%.
UK's BAA director of strategy and forecasting Andrew Macmillan told the Financial Times the company expects a slowdown in passenger growth over autumn 2011, on the back of deteriorating global economic conditions.
“We had a record summer but would always urge some caution. Economic trends do suggest a slower autumn,” Mr Macmillan said, adding there was nothing to indicate a decline in business travel at BAA’s airports during Sep-2011.