1-Apr-2010 9:19 AM
American Airlines announces seven new destinations and 23 additional services from New York
American Airlines announced (31-Mar-2010) plans to add seven new destinations served by 23 additional services to/from New York's two airports, including:
- American and America Eagle: Including previously announced additions, by year end at LaGuardia and JFK combined, American and American Eagle will add 31 total flights to and from 13 additional routes, bringing total NYC departures to 216 and unique destinations to 63. When combined with today's announced of 23 additional services and new options for travel on JetBlue Airways, American's New York customers will have access to 81 unique destinations on 271 nonstop flights by the end of 2010. In addition, American serves four destinations with 18 daily departures out of Newark (N.J.) Liberty International Airport;
- LaGuardia: New American Eagle Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft will service new four times weekly LaGuardia-Minneapolis-St. Paul, daily Atlanta and five times daily Charlotte services;
- American will also increase daily flights to/from Miami and Chicago from LaGuardia.
- JFK: As previously announced, American begins service in Apr-2010 and May-2010 to San Jose, Madrid, and Manchester, while Austin will commence in Jul-2010;
- Others: American will add twice-daily service to/from Fort Lauderdale, Fla, in Nov-2010 and increase daily frequencies to Orlando, Las Vegas, and Miami in Nov-2010;
- American Eagle previously announced daily round-trip service on regional jets to and from Columbus and St. Louis. American Eagle today announced twice-daily service to/from both Indianapolis and Cincinnati. In addition, American Eagle will begin daily service to/from Norfolk. These new services are slated to commence by the end of 2010. The carrier will also assign CRJ-700s to upgrade existing routes from JFK to Washington Reagan, Boston, and Toronto, commencing in early 2011.
- LaGuardia Airport: American plans several improvements to its facilities at LaGuardia in addition to the Concourse D checkpoint expansion it completed in 2008 and the current installation of escalators to the baggage claim area. At JFK, American has put out to bid a 3,000 square foot expansion of its existing 11,000 square foot Concourse C Admirals Club, along with some reconfiguration and refurbishment of the club, which was opened in 2005.
- American Airlines and British Airways: Currently evaluating a proposal by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to develop an expansion of the new USD1.3 billion international Terminal 8 to allow the airlines to co-locate their operations.
- Marketing and advertising plans: Signed a partnership agreement with NYC & Company. [more]