Alitalia confirmed (04-Dec-2009) the signing on an MoU with Aeroflot to develop their existing bilateral partnership and cooperative relationship. Both airlines are members of the SkyTeam alliance and codeshare between Moscow and Rome, Milan, Venice and Torino. The goals of the cooperation are to:
- Implement a wide-ranging reciprocal codeshare to domestic and beyond destinations (Alitalia services to Africa, Middle East and Latin America and Aeroflot services to Asia);
- Further develop new routes and frequencies between Italy and Russia, to increase connectivity between their respective networks, in joint sales and marketing promotions to increase the flows of business and tourist passengers between the two countries;
- Extend mutual access to their loyalty programs and to harmonise their passenger service standards
- Partner in information technology, charter and cargo traffic as well as in the other spheres of the airlines’ activity.
- Establish a governance mechanism to ensure the timely and balanced delivery of results. [more]