Air New Zealand passenger numbers up 7.2% in Jul-2010
Air New Zealand passenger numbers up 7.2% - traffic highlights in Jul-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 1.2 million, +7.2% year-on-year*;
- Short-haul: 1.0 million, +7.6%;
- Domestic: 731,000, +7.7%;
- Tasman/Pacific: 271,000, +7.5%;
- Long-haul: 153,000, +5.2%;
- Passenger load factor: 84.1%, +4 ppts;
- Short-haul: 82.9%, +4.9 ppts;
- Domestic: 79.8%, +3.5 ppts;
- Tasman/Pacific: 84.5%, +5.6 ppts;
- Long-haul: 85%, +3.4 ppts;
- Asia/Japan/UK: 82%, +4.9 ppts;
- North America/UK: 87.1%, +2.6 ppts. [more]
*Percentage movements have been adjusted on a daily weighted average basis. The adjustment takes into account the difference in days for the Jul-2010 accounting period compared with Jul-2009.
Air New Zealand: “Group-wide yields for the first month of the 2011 financial year were up 5.0% on the same period last year. Compared to last July, short-haul yields were down 0.2%, as the airline introduced lower fares which stimulated demand, and the respective long-haul yields were up by 11.6%. Removing the impact of foreign exchange, group-wide yields were up 9.6%," Source: Air New Zealand, 19-Aug-2010.