Air Astana CEO Peter Foster said (17-Oct-2011) the carrier is aiming to launch an initial public offering (IPO) in 2012 on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange. Mr Foster said the carrier is in the “first wave” of an IPO process that involves several leading Kazakhstan government-owned companies. He says initially the IPO will be in Kazakhstan but in the longer-term it would "probably" move to expand the listing, possibly to London or Hong Kong. Mr Foster said he attended an investor conference earlier this month in Hong Kong, where significant interest was expressed in Air Astana. The carrier was launched in 2002 as a JV between Kazakhstan government investment firm Samruk-Kayzyna and BAE Systems and has been profitable every year since 2005. Samruk-Kazyna currently owns 51% of Air Astana while BAE Systems owns the remaining 49%. [more - CAPA Blog]
Air Astana plans 2012 IPO
You may also be interested in the following articles...
Airports - subject as always to the vicarious uncertainty of airline fortunes
CAPA’s 2016 outlook was against a background of unusually high levels of profitability for airlines.
HNA's Avolon group to acquire CIT Commercial Air, creating world’s third largest aircraft lessor
HNA Group’s remarkable spending spree continues, with the announcement that its Avolon subsidiary will acquire CIT Commercial Air, the aircraft leasing arm of CIT Group.
The USD10 billion deal will create the world’s third largest lessor - and they may be more to come yet.
Avolon itself was only recently acquired by HNA Group, with the USD2.7 billion purchase agreement being finalised in Jan-2016, via Bohai Capital Holdings.
Avolon is now the core aircraft leasing brand for the HNA Group. Including assets from Hong Kong Aviation Capital, Bohai Capital and several smaller HNA Group leasing firms, Avolon has a fleet of nearly 250 aircraft and almost 200 more on order.