Aegean Airlines passenger numbers down 6% - traffic highlights for the nine months ended Sep-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 4.9 million, -6% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 2.1 million, -13%;
- International: 2.8 million, -1%;
- International to/from Athens: 1.6 million, -7%;
- International to/from other bases: 1.2 million, +10%;
- Passenger load factor: 72%, +4 ppts. [more – original PR]
Aegean Airlines: “Specifically, at its bases outside of Athens, AEGEAN carried on its international network 1,181,901 passengers, showing a 10% increase compared to the corresponding period of 2011, whereas the overall market was at 2011 levels. The greatest growth in passenger traffic for AEGEAN was for Corfu (52%) and Kos (+55%) from which the company showed increased activity towards new destinations,” Source: Company statement, 12-Oct-2012.