Eurocontrol: Network Operations Report – March 2018
NM estimates that some 6,600 flights were cancelled during March due to Storm Emma. This represents 0.8% of expected March traffic.
Total ATFM delays increased by 4.4% in March 2018 compared to March 2017. En-route ATFM delays (17,276 min/daily) decreased by 5.4%; airport ATFM delays (12,740 min/daily) increased by 21.3% mainly due to weather.
- French ATC industrial action from 21 March to 23 March generated over 99,000 minutes of ATFM delay. NM estimates there were 1,300 fewer flights during the action;
- Italian ATC industrial action on 08 March generated over 8,000 minutes of ATFM delay. NM estimates there were 260 fewer flights during the action;
- En-route ATC staffing issues in Karlsruhe and Maastricht UACs;
- En-route capacity delays in Karlsruhe, London, Canarias and Langen ACCs;
- ATM interface transition in Bordeaux/Madrid ACCs.
- Seasonal weather impacted operations at Istanbul/Atatürk, Amsterdam/Schiphol, London/Heathrow and Geneva airports;
- There were capacity issues at Istanbul/Atatürk and Amsterdam/Schiphol airports;
- Naples airport became fully operational A-CDM on 27 March;
- Copenhagen airport became the first A-CDM airport to exchange data with NM via business-to-business (B2B) web services on 21 March;
- Menorca airport became fully operational Advanced ATC tower on 20 March.
The average en-route ATFM delay per flight in the NM area in March was 0.64 min/flt, which is above the corresponding monthly guideline value of 0.23 min/flt. The average YTD en-route ATFM delay per flight in 2018 in the NM area is 0.39 min/flt which is above the corresponding guideline value of 0.19 min/flt.
Refer to full documentation in the attachments box below.
There are files associated with this article. You can download them below.
You need to be logged in to download files.