||Registration and Coffee
CAPA - Centre for Aviation, Executive Chairman, Peter Harbison
||Big Picture Keynote: CAPA Aviation Outlook
CAPA - Centre for Aviation, Executive Chairman, Peter Harbison [Download Presentation]
||The transformation of Perth as the ‘Western Gateway to Australia’ and connectivity via Perth Airport as a world-class hub
- What is the business case for connectivity to/from PER
- Working with and delivering value for key airline partners
- Accommodating future growth through infrastructure upgrades and the new international terminal
- What improvements are underway to enhance the travel experience for the corporate traveller?
Perth Airport, Chief Executive Officer, Kevin Brown
||Executive Panel: How to increase Perth’s visibility and stimulate inbound and short-stay transit markets
- Perth the mono-destination: Can industry collaboration improve messaging and funding available to stimulate inbound markets?
- Building a successful hub and transit offering: what are the key elements? What’s the early evidence of PER-LON showing?
- What does WA need to do to entice travellers to stay?
- Can Perth compete with new premium routes being offered for business travel to the US east coast via Singapore?
Moderator: Tourism WA, Chairman, Nathan Harding
- Australian Hotels Association, Chief Executive Officer - WA, Bradley Woods
- Perth Airport, Chief Executive Officer, Kevin Brown
- Tourism WA, Executive Director - Strategy, Brand & Marketing Services, Louise Scott
- Western Australia Indigenous Tourism Operators Council (WAITOC), Chief Executive Officer, Robert Taylor
||Coffee break & networking
||Re-imagining Gondwana: Can Perth reclaim its status as the place where India meets Australia
CAPA India, Team Leader – Consulting & Research, Amit Thakran [Download Presentation]
||Aviation Executive Panel: The development of aviation access in WA: Looking North, looking East, looking West and the implications for corporate travel markets
- Perth is experiencing an upswing in growth from key markets such as China, but what about elsewhere in Asia - or even west or east? What are the growth prospects for those markets?
- What is the unique value proposition that Perth offers in order to compete with the east coast ports?
- Creating aviation access to WA’s regional centres - a critical enabler in capturing bleisure travellers when incremental growth in the leisure tourism market is limited
Moderator: CAPA - Centre for Aviation, Executive Chairman, Peter Harbison
- Areka Consulting, Partner, Mike Mannix
- Karratha Airport, Manager Airport, Amol Virkar
- Tourism WA, Director Aviation Development and Policy, Claire Werkmeister
||Introduction to Lunch
United Airlines, Corporate Sales Manager, Tim Wallis
||Lunch break & networking
Hosted by United Airlines
||Perth Market Outlook
Garuda Indonesia, General Manager Western Australia, Mochamad Firman [Download Presentation]
- What’s the current demand and operating environment?
- Are market conditions favourable?
- Is Garuda planning to grow or maintain capacity into PER?
- How is Garuda planning to grow its share of the Perth business traveller market?
||How to optimise your travel programme, while keeping your travellers engaged and safe
Moderator: FCM Travel Solutions, Strategic Partnerships Manager, Julie McLean
- How to balance the often conflicting interests of business travel needs, safety and welfare, and personal traveller demands
- Managed travel, unmanaged travel, something in between?
- As more and more digital natives enter the workforce and seek the freedom to make their own travel choices, what are the wider implications on the organisation’s travel programme?
- How do you deliver cost efficiencies and ensure travellers comply with policy guidelines?
- CBH Group, Spend Smart Integration Manager, Ralph Goodman
- Curtin University, Manager Travel Operations, James Evers
- Fortescue Metals Group, Senior Category Specialist, Gina Gill
- International SOS, Manager, People Risk, Beth King
||Coffee break & networking
||Interactive workshop panel: What are the procurement challenges for corporate travel buyers today?
- Profiling travel - how does it measure up against other procurement categories?
- Defining the objectives of the travel programme
- Developing a sourcing strategy plan: defining supplier selection criteria, conducting supplier analysis and negotiating contracts
- What are the procurement challenges that are unique to the PER market and how to address them?
Facilitator: Areka Consulting, Partner, Mike Mannix
- Automotive Holdings Group, Procurement Manager - Corporate Services, Des Sit
- Wesfarmers, Group Procurement Manager, Stephen Turner
||The outlook for accommodation in PER: oversupply, new entrants and softening demand
- How can buyers create a high performing hotel programme in current market conditions?
- Understanding the latest with pricing strategies, non-LRA and dynamic pricing - who is using what and why?
- New players from the sharing economy and minimising risk
- Role of bleisure in influencing booking patterns: The importance of tourism/leisure interest to demand for corporate travel.
Moderator: Amadeus IT Pacific, Manager, Hotel Distribution - Pacific, Benjamin Weinmann
- The Westin Perth, General Manager, Peter Brampton
- 4th Dimension Business Consulting, Manager, Accommodation Sourcing, Dean Easton
- Fraser Suites Perth, Director of Sales and Marketing, Lulu Fox
- Corporate Travel Management, Acting General Manager, Birgit Patenall
Hosted by Perth Airport