US airline fees for baggage and changes tallies almost USD6bn
Airlines collected nearly USD6 billion in baggage and change fees in 2010, according to the US Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics which issued the truncated 2010 financials report over a month late. The BTS only issued the fee data saying the rest of the data is not ready. [825 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Stunning increases overall
- Some are far more aggressive in collection
- Southwest and JetBlue have valid stories to tell
- Different view on a per passenger basis
- Is there a breaking point?
Graphs and data:
- Baggage Fees Collected 2007-2010
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.