The mission of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) is to "serve the United States by ensuring a fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future." The Department was established by an act of Congress on 15-Oct-1966 and its first official day of operation was 01-Apr-1967. The DOT employs almost 60,000 people, in the Office of the Secretary of Transportation (OST) and its operating administrations and bureaus, each with its own management and organisational structure:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA);
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)’
- Office of Inspector General (OIG);
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA);
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA);
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA);
- Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA);
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA);
- Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation (SLSDC);
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA);
- Surface Transportation Board (STB);
- Maritime Administration (MARAD).
CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries/territories around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.Become a CAPA Member
Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.
It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.
- 5000+ airports
- 3000+ airlines
- 1600+ suppliers
- 800+ airport investors
- 250+ countries/territories and regions
- And more
CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 400 global News Briefs every weekday, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including MRO Matrix, Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.