Ryanair grows to 57.7 million passengers in 2008
Ryanair transported 57.7 million passengers in 2008, a 17.7% year-on-year increase and representing an increase of over 8 million passengers. Load factor, however, slipped slightly, by 0.5 ppts to 81.5% in the 12-month period. Ryanair’s busiest month in 2008 was Aug-08, with over 5.7 million passengers, with the carrier also transporting over 5 million passengers in May-08. [1205 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Hedges 50% of fuel requirements for first three quarters of 2009
- Considering raising bid for Aer Lingus after cool response from shareholders
- Growth at Edinburgh, Alicante and Bristol
- Long-haul speculation rearises
Graphs and data:
- Ryanair fuel expenses as a portion of total operating expenses: 1Q05 to 2Q09
- Ryanair key 30 bases in terms of capacity (seats): Week commencing 19-Jan-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.