Ryanair expects yields to fall by up to 20%, offsetting fuel reduction benefit
Ryanair stated it expects its Winter yields (between Oct-08 and Mar-09) to fall by 15-20%, offsetting the benefits of lower fuel prices, but refecting the current challenges in the UK, Irish and European economies. [1442 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Load factor slips to 90%; passenger numbers up again in Nov-08
- Ryanair bids for Aer Lingus as part of consolidation trend in Europe
- Expects more bankruptcies this Winter
- Suspends operations at Fuerteventura, Blackpool and Newquay
- But growth at Brussels and London Gatwick
- UK tax increase will devastate UK tourism
Graphs and data:
- Evolution of Ryanair's passenger growth forecast (4Q08 vs 1Q09 vs 2Q09 forecasts): FY07 to FY12F
- Ryanair traffic highlights for Nov-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.